Maya large hoop earrings
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
- Dimensions. Charms c.14mm fine silver. Hoops ø32mm gold plated 925 silver.
Sold：954 Wished: 168 Followed: 195
- Inspired by ‘the beauty of imperfection and made using Water Casting, the Maya large hoop earrings derive from the age-old process of Lost Wax Casting.
- Residual silver from the traditional casting process is collected, melted down and dropped into water to create beads to recycle. By experimenting with the water drop process, adapting the height and size of the molten metal droplets that fall into the water, we influence the forms created at this stage of the process and use the silver in a zero waste single cycle.
- Each charm we create in the water has its own unique form and character. A freshwater finish with a mysterious calm matte tone is created when the molten silver plunges into cold water and solidifies quickly.
- The fine silver charms are paired with a contrasting rich gold hoop.
- Created as a sign of optimism, each earring we create is a one-off piece that has evolved from fresh eyes on an age-old technique.
- These gold and silver hoop earrings make a beautiful everyday luxury and a thoughtful gift, representing positivity, change, and responsibility.
There are no reviews yet.